2008 Rule Change: All cars must have a 6 point roll cage. The extra two bars will go at the right and left side of your car and will attach to the top of the wheel well near your shock back towers. No added support bars or cross bars allowed between down bars allowed.
2008 UCAR - U Can Afford Racing
See WCS and SNRP Safety Rules
The purpose of this class is to allow people with limited funds to race and have fun and allow new drivers to learn track procedures and racing manner, gain experience and allow new drivers to learn track procedures and racing manners, gain experience and have fun. There will be no altering of the rules. This will keep racing cost at a minimum and competition at the highest, thus making it exciting for both the fans and the drivers. Any driver/car that is disqualified from a race will be suspended from the next event.
DO NOT MAKE ANY MODIFICATIONS OTHER THAN LISTED BELOW WITHOUT OBTAINING APPROVAL FROM OFFICIALS IN WRITING.
Top 3 cars each week or in the Clash for the Cash races will be sent to the rear of the field.
Mandatory Safety Modifications Rules:
1. 6-point roll cage with a recommended 4 door bars on left side and 3 bars on right side. May remove inner structure on doors to accommodate cage ONLY. All roll bars must be 1-3.4” x .090” wall seamless steel tubing. Roll bars must be welded to a minimum 3”x3”x1/4” thick plate and secured SAFELY to the floor pan. Cage installation MUST be approved by SNRP and WCS officials.
All cars must have a 6 point roll cage in your cars the extra 2 bars will go at the right and left side of your car and will attach to the top of the wheel well near your shock back towers or in the back area in the trunk. No added support bars or cross bars allowed between down bars allowed.
2. Aluminum Racing Seat is mandatory.
3. Five-point racing seat belts required and must be mounted in a manner acceptable to track officials.
4. Approved helmets, goggles or safety glasses, gloves, shoes and fire suits required at all times.
5. Fuel tank. If stock fuel tank is ahead of rear axle, it may be used. If stock fuel tank is behind rear axle, it must be replaced with a maximum 8-gallon fuel cell or boat fuel tank, securely mounted, covered and centered in the trunk a metal fire wall is required over all back seat areas.
6. Window net must be mounted in the driver side window with opening secured with ˝ “ solid rod or 3/16” x 1” flat bar with the rear of top rod in slot and the front of the top rod secured with a leaver or seatbelt fastener.
7. Hood and trunk must have ALL factory hinges and be fastened with at least two hood pins on each corner.
8. Doors must be welded shut
9. Fire extinguisher 1 lb. minimum. - Fire extinguisher must be in drivers reach.
10. Padded around driver - Required
UCAR - General Rules
1. 1980 or later American and import front-wheel-drive only. Maximum wheelbase of 105”. (No rear wheel cars allowed of any kind.)
2. 4 cylinders only. No Quad 4s. 16 valves per cylinder max.
3. Dual overhead cam engines allowed. (A compression check on all motors will be done driver/owner are to have a manual for make and model of car.)
4. No turbo- or supercharged systems allowed.
5. Cars with a 2000 cc or greater motor with 12 or 16 valves will run 100 lbs and 5 lbs per valve over 8. All weight will be on the right side of car more weight will be added if needed to make all cars equal in speed. Any car with weight any other place in car will be disqualified no questions asked.
6. No added weight of any kind is allowed. (See rule 5 on this as well)
7. No bracing or body modifications. Stock bumpers front and rear. Chains required on both bumpers for towing. No cutting of any body parts or removal or inner structures unless needed to install roll bars only.
8. Factory stock air cleaner system with no modifications. (No K & N filters allowed.)
9. Completely stock for that make and model (body, frame, suspension, dash, steering, pedals, brakes, etc.) Quick-release steering wheel coupler allowed. Car can start with ignition key or toggle switch. Dash change option including gauges, radio and A/C controls.
10. Stock ride height will be checked.
11. Battery must be mounted under hood in stock location and well secured.
12. All insulation under hood must be removed.
13. Stock carburetor/fuel-injection system for that make and model. (Stock computers only. Anyone altering computers will be disqualified for the next race first and for the season for second time no questions asked.)
14. Stock transmission, 5-speed or automatic, and stock differential. No locked differential no altering of flywheels allowed.
15. Removal of A/C condenser and pump is allowed.
16. Removal of inertia switch is allowed; Ford fuel shut-off.
17. Removal of rear seat allowed, but must cover rear firewall with aluminum or steel sheet metal.
18. Electric engine cooling fans may be wired to run constantly
19. Exhaust: Must use factory exhaust manifold for that car. Must use factory stock muffler, NO gas pack or turbo-type allowed. Must have tailpipe exit either in front of rear tire or past rear bumper. Resonated exhaust tips not allowed. All cars must run a muffler at WCS cars that run SNRP and ECMS tracks only will not have to run a muffler only at those two tracks But you must run a muffler at WCS.
20. Car numbers must be painted/decaled at least 18” high on both front doors and roof. Roof numbers to read from driver‘s side No duplicated numbers allowed. Register your numbers on-line at www.wakecountyspeedway.com.
21. Stock wheels, stock suspension in stock position. Camber 3 deg. both sides max. Rear 0 deg. Cam bolts must be stock. No altering of shocks, springs or struts. No spacers, shims or spring reinforcements of any kind. Stock springs that came on car, in other words, no 6-cyl. springs allowed on a 4-cyl. Car. Springs must be equal diameter on left and right sides.
22. Windshield required. Maybe replaced with 1/8” LEXAN. (No Plexiglas)
23. Push button horn optional.
Tire & Rims
1. Passenger car tires only. All four wheels and tires must be the same and must all be 60-series 195-205 size tires. All four tires must be radials. No bias-ply tires allowed. No shaved tires. No high performance or low profile tires allowed this is to keep the cost of tires down for all and racing equal
2. Tire soaking not allowed in UCARS.
3. Low-profile tires or performance tires are not permitted.
2008 Claim Rules:
Claim and exchange rule is in effect at all times. Claim amount is $1250.00 plus your car. This rule will allow the claimant and claimer to continue to race the following week. Only the driver finishing one position behind can claim the car ahead of him. This claim is for the whole car minus seat and harness. If you can't build a car for $1250.00, then don't build one for this class. Any driver who refuses a claim will be disqualified for the next two events. If he or she denies a claim a second time in the same season, he or she will be suspended for the remainder of the season. We are going to put the “stock” back in stock car racing. If you do not see it in the rules or specifications, DO NOT DO IT. This division is intended for those who wish to race but don't want to spend a lot of money. For those wishing to stretch the rules or spend more than $1250.00 in a car, then pick a different division. This division is slated to be one of the most exciting divisions at ECMS, WCS and kept affordable enough for all to enjoy. For more rules info for WCS call Larry P. Walls at 919-291-0938 or call SNRP at 919-284-1114