Open Modified UCAR Rules 2010
Top 3 cars in the Walls Roofing UCAR OPEN Clash race from the previous event will be sent to the rear of the field in the main event. ALL cars must run in the heat races to qualify for the 1st place points awarded for winning that heat race (normal race 2pts.-double points event 4 pts.)
Any driver or crew member entering another competitor's pit area with the intent of causing a disturbance, conflict or fight will be disqualified from the event and be banned from the next scheduled UCAR Clash event. Disorderly conduct, profanity, and fighting will not be tolerated. Owners/Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crew. Any driver that is disqualified from any event for any reason can be disqualified from the next event at the discretion of the Walls Roofing UCAR OPEN Clash officials. Any driver that shows disrespect to any UCAR Clash official can be disqualified for one or more events as well.
Top 5 cars in all races will go through tech according to the Walls Roofing UCAR Clash rules for 2010. Mandatory for 2010-All drivers are required to have Racing Electronics race receivers. The Walls Roofing UCAR Clash will have a limited amount of race receivers for sale or rental at all UCAR Clash events. Any track that requires a transponder-drivers will be required to rent or furnish their own transponder for that event.
Mandatory for 2010-All cars will run Walls Roofing UCAR Clash across the top of your windshield. Supplied by the car owner/driver. In case you have to run your local track sponsor you can place this on the bottom of the windshield, not restricting drivers view. Lettering must be 38" long by 3" tall (minimum) Mandatory Safety Rules:
1. 6-point roll cage with a recommended 4 door bars on left side and 3 bars on right side. May remove inner structure on doors to accommodate cage ONLY. All roll bars must be 1-3.4" x .090" wall seamless steel tubing. Roll bars must be welded to a minimum 3"x3"x1/4" thick plate and secured SAFELY to the floor pan. A .20 gauge drivers door plate must be on 3 bars of the drivers side roll cage. The plate must go from the front of the drivers door to the back end of the drivers door. Cage installation MUST be approved by the Walls Roofing UCAR Clash officials.
2. All cars must have a 6 point roll cage in your cars. The extra 2 bars will go at the right and left side of your car and will attach to the bottom rear trunk area of car and must be plated. 1 added support bar in rear allowed and must be attached level between left and right down bars.
3. Five point racing seat belts required and must be mounted in a manner acceptable to the Walls Roofing UCAR Clash officials. Belts must be dated within the last 5 years to be legal. Anything older than 5 years are NOT acceptable. Date must be visible to UCAR officials to be eligible to race.
4. Approved helmets, goggles or safety glasses, gloves, shoes and fire suits required at ALL times. A neck brace is required at all UCAR Clash races. HANS is recommended but not required. The neckbrace will be part of the mandantory safety inspection done by UCAR Clash officials.
4.a-Any driver at any time during practice, heat race or main event, that is seen by UCAR Clash officials without the required safety equipment will be immediately black flagged. Once safety equipment items are put on and approved by the UCAR Clash officials, you will be allowed back on the track.
5. Fuel tank. If stock fuel tank is ahead of rear axle, it may be used or can be removed and replaced with a fuel cell. If stock fuel tank is behind rear axle, it must be replaced with a maximum 8-gallon fuel cell, securely mounted, covered and centered in the trunk. A metal fire wall is required over all back seat areas. ALL fuel tanks, that are replaced with fuel cells, MUST be removed.
6. Window net must be mounted in the driver side window with opening secured with 1/2" solid rod or 3/16" x 1" flat bar with the rear of top rod in slot and the front of the top rod secured with a leaver or seatbelt fastener. Fastener must be located in an area accessible to all rescue personal.
7. Hood must be fastened with hood pins. One on each corner(4). Trunk can be fastened with hood pins on each corner or the hinges may be left on. If you have a fuel cell, then you MUST use hood pins on the trunk. 8. All doors must be welded shut. No chaining of doors will be allowed.
9. Fire extinguisher 1 lb. minimum. Fire extinguisher must be in drivers reach and be up to date and fully charged.
10. Padding around driver is required. UCAR General Rules: 1. 1980 or newer American and Import front-wheel- drive 4 cylinder only. Maximum wheelbase of none. NO rear wheel cars of any kind allowed.
2. ALL 4 cylinders only. quad 4's. 4 valves per cylinder max-16 valve motors.
2b. no turbocharged or supercharged cars. No six cylinder cars. 3 . Battery can be mounted under the hood in stock location or on the left rear behind drivers seat and well secured in a sealed box.
4. All insulation under hood must be removed.
5. Removal of A/C condenser and pump is allowed.
6. Removal of inertia switch is allowed; Ford fuel shut-off.
7. Removal of rear seat allowed. Must cover rear firewall with aluminum or steel sheet metal.
8. Electric engine cooling fans may be hot-wired to run constantly or can be put on a toggle switch in dash.
9. Resonating exhaust tips not allowed. When racing at Wake County Speedway in Raleigh, NC(ONLY)-ALL cars must have mufflers. NO EXCEPTIONS. All other tracks-do not require mufflers
10. Windshield required. May be replaced with 1/8" LEXAN. No Plexiglass. All other glass components including windows MUST be removed.
Tires and Rims Tires run what you brung
7" only wheels all types
2010 Claim Rule: NONE
Larry P. Walls